Skin care treatment with flower waters keeps your skin refreshed all dayThe influx of skin care products on the market containing natural botanicals – ingredients derived from plants – is clear evidence that more people are moving toward natural skin care products. While botanicals are refreshing and invigorating, with a host of beneficial properties, not all botanicals are created equal. Find out which natural botanicals are best for your skin. Flowers are often used to make a wide range of skin care products. The petals and sometimes the entire plant is used to make water or oils (bases). These bases are then mixed with other ingredients to make creams and lotions. Because oils tend to clog the pores and prevent the skin from perspiring or breathing naturally, it is advisable to avoid using them. Flower-based waters, however, can safely be applied directly to the skin. The following flowers are very good for the skin:
- Lemon Balm – best known for its ability to calm and soothe the nerves, lemon balm can be used on any skin type and is especially good for dry or sensitive skin.
- Lemon Verbena – also great for any skin type, lemon verbena stimulates the skin and gives it a lift.
- Orange Flower – if you want a nice spritzer to keep your skin cool and relieve dryness, orange flower is a good choice. Also good for any skin type, it’s extremely gentle and is even safe for the delicate skin of children and infants.
- Rose Geranium – has the unique ability of being able to balance the skin: it adds moisture to dry skin, and calms down the production of sebum for oily skin.
- Rose – generally used as a toner, rose is gentle and refreshing. The scent is also very relaxing. It’s good for all skin types, and can even be used as a deodorant or room freshener.