The word therapeutic can be thrown around a lot in skin and hair care products but most of us do not understand its meaning. “Therapeutic” refers to a product that brings you therapy or medicine to help cure disease or relieve pain. For example, a therapeutic repair lotion is a lotion that offers healing or treatment to a skin condition or chronic problem. These products generally can be medical prescriptions products, over-the-counter medical products or non-medical skincare products.
When Do You Need a Therapeutic Repair Lotion?
Skin conditions treated with therapeutic repair lotions are many. Common problems include eczema, psoriasis and chapped or chafed skin. If you are not sure which of these you might have, here is a little explanation to help.
- Eczema is a condition that causes the skin to become very itchy, inflamed, or have a rash-like appearance. There are six types of eczema: contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, dyshidrotic eczema, nummular eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and stasis dermatitis.
- Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, itchy scaly patches, mostly found on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp. It is a long-term disease that still has no cure.
- Chapped skin is when your skin turns red, raw and becomes painful. Tends to be very itchy. What starts as tiny tears in the skin leads to larger ones and causes the skin to get chapped.
- Chafed skin happens when the skin rubs together and the friction causes irritation, redness, and lots of discomfort. The common areas for chafed skin are the inner thighs, armpits, buttocks, groin, even the nipples. Doctors sometimes call it friction burn. (Pro-tip! Use deodorant in those chaffed areas, works like a charm!)
Where Would I Find a Therapeutic Repair Lotion?
Most often these products will be found in a pharmacy and accessible over the counter. However, you may also see these at a doctor or dermatologist’s office. Amazon and other online retailers now sell many of these products to make it easier for consumers to find them.
If you find a product recommended by a dermatologist you are onto a good thing.
How Do I Determine if I Have Found a Good Therapeutic Repair Lotion?
Here are a few telltale signs of a therapeutic repair lotion that works.
- Clinical Studies - most of these products will have had some form of testing to ensure they are able to make substantial claims.
- Case Studies - looking through consumer experiences and evidence of individual results such as testimonials and before /after images will also help support the product’s ability to work.
- Reviews - high ratings and positive reviews are always worth looking for before purchasing a product.
- Money Back Guarantee - products that are confident in their ability to work usually will offer a guarantee.
Why Gloves In A Bottle Shielding Lotion?
A Shielding Lotion bonds with the outer layer of skin cells, therefore enhancing the skin’s ability to retain its natural oils and moisture. Then supporting the skin’s ability to protect against toxic irritants, harsh soaps and other common household products that tend to strip the moisture and oils out of the skin. Other conventional moisturizers, lotions and skin creams coat your skin, often with petroleum based ingredients and they tend to clog your pores and inhibit your skin’s ability to breathe and perspire. Gloves In A Bottle bonds to the outer layer of skin cells so it lets the skin breathe and perspire naturally, which is much needed if you suffer from any of the conditions listed above. Gloves In A Bottle can be used as a therapeutic repair lotion. It can treat all of the symptoms listed above.
★★★★★ It really works!!!
I get constant eczema on my hands due to soaps and other daily products I come into contact with. I have tried countless different lotions (and steroid creams) to help cracking, splitting, and peeling phase on my fingers. Nothing has helped! I researched this product and was hesitant to try yet another product, but I am SO happy I did. Gloves in a bottle lives up to its claims! On my second day of use I was completely shocked to notice my hands looked NORMAL and the cracks and dryness were gone. I am so relieved to finally find a product that moisturizes and shields my skin! I no longer feel self-conscious about how my hands look and I am no longer in pain. This stuff really works!!! - Daisy
Back to Skin Care Tips