Eczema is a common skin condition that generally appears on your skin in red and itchy patches. It can be found anywhere on the body including on the ear and inside the ear canal. The leading symptoms of ear eczema are cracked skin, redness, scaly skin, clear discharge from the ear, extremely dry and itchiness. What a painful part of the body to have to deal with a skin condition.
Be aware that there are three types of ear eczema.
- Allergic ear eczema which is when you come in contact with something that irritates your skin.
- Asteatosis ear eczema which is an eczema that is more common for older people when they over wash, dry weather and indoor heating.
- Seborrheic ear eczema happens to the oily parts of your body. Mainly your scalp and behind the ears.
Try some of these home remedies worthy of trying to soothe the irritation:
- Wash the ears every night with warm water – and let dry naturally or gently with a clean towel.
- Remove any “fake” jewelry from ears
- Use a gentle face cleanser for sensitive skin; and make sure to wash off cosmetics from face and all over ears.
- Use a fragrance-free shielding lotion such as Gloves in a Bottle immediately after taking a shower or bath to lock in the moisture and prevent any further irritants from causing harm.
Here are some Amazon reviews from people suffering from eczema of all sorts. Hearing from real people who have unsolicited feedback about products is generally the best form of research about the benefits of a product.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Great lotion for eczema
“My allergies have been horrible for the last few weeks. A friend of mine recommended that I try this and I can’t recommend it enough! It really helps decrease the amount of itching. It is very calming and has helped me a LOT! I’ve already ordered some more!” – K Williams
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ It’s a win!
“Love this product!! I got it to help with my eczema while at work and it has helped so much that it completely cleared up my eczema!! It’s smooth and doesn’t feel greasy and a little bit goes a long way!! Love this product!” – Elkie
Back to Skin Care Tips